Trips Away - Day 1

Andrew and I decided to go on a Spa weekend away rather than a hot holiday this year just to do something a bit different.
Therefore, we set off for Castle Eske for a 3 night stay. Wonderful!

First of all, on the way down we stopped in at Castle Archdale. It is a simple place I spent a lot of my childhood, so we went for a walk around the sights. 


Andrew wanted to see the WW1 exhibit of course...







Then we arrived at the gorgeous hotel in Donegal, and me being me, I got straight into the spa rooms to try them out!


Irish girl moment when you like the room because it 'has a good cup of tea' in it.


We were ravenous so we headed into town to eat at Pearl's Place. The food was wonderful, and I love good presentation...and they definitely succeeded. No fuss, just good food.

Bacon and cheese scone as an appetizer.



Deep fried brie for starter.



For main course, it was a tender steak with garlic butter sauce and homemade chips.



Oh yes, dessert was one my favourites, crème brûlée (heeeello...)


It ended with a walk along the water to burn some of the meal off, then we scurried off to sleep for tomorrows adventures...



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment