I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice-Cream


It was the perfect Spring day in Edinburgh. The sun was glistening, the clouds were clearing and I was begging Andrew to go up Arthur's Seat.


I know, I know, I've blogged about Arthur's Seat before. However, that was in the pitch black of night, whilst this time it was on a beautiful sunny day. So let's go up again, shall we?


Everyone seemed to be making their way up the walkway, with children and hikers, all heading for the prized destination! Not going to even lie to you though, I was more puffed out than the children were! I will blame the exam diet...ahem...


During my last blog about Arthur's Seat, all you could see were the glistening lights of Edinburgh stare back at you, but now you could see every building, house and statue for as far as the eye could see. Beautiful!





You can't tell at all from the pictures, but the top was packed with tourists, all wanting their own glimpse at the gorgeous city.


So, we decided to make our way down, but not without a jump of glee for that 'summer feeling' bursting from the sunshine.

 


One last glance, and we said our goodbyes.
 




There was one last stop on my agenda for the day however, and that was Mary's Milk Bar. I will be blogging about it later as well, since I went with friends a few days after that, because it is so blooming amazing!

Mary, the lovely owner, makes all her own flavours of ice-cream in her cute shop in Grassmarket. Please go, you will love it...



You sit with your pick of flavours, I chose 3 scoops - of course! Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter and Banana, and Earl Grey. All delicious, but my favourite had to be the peanut butter. Andrew got a hazelnut and chocolate milkshake.

You can sit and watch the world go by as you munch away, with a close up view of the Castle. Now if I haven't persuaded you to give it a go, I don't know what will.  Go on, 'treat yo' self'...


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment