Finishing Exams Never Tasted So Good...

 The day had arrived, I was free as a bird once more. Exams over, came with many excited feelings, but it also meant my time in Edinburgh for another semester was up. It was that final goodbye for a few of my girls, but boy, did we make it a good one.

Remember in my last blog I talked about Mary's Milk Bar? Yeah, that amazing place. We just couldn't leave without another scoop.


Today's pick were...drum roll please...Double chocolate, Salted Caramel and Milk flavoured ice-cream. Who knew? You kinda have this moment of "Ergh, milk flavoured? Are you serious?", it sounds as plain as plain gets, but I promise you, its good. Lovely and refreshing actually.
 



Lucie approved as much as I did...no one can resist! These are the faces of two very happy chicas...



We laughed away our exam blues, well to be honest, I was the only one finished, so it was a nice break for the others. "Umm'ed" and "Ahh'ed" over the food and I gorged in these lovely ladies company, which I will miss immensely, even if it is only for a few months.


 One main thing we did was plan Caroline and Jenai's long awaited trip to NORTHERN IRELAND. My homeland, and the place to be during the summer months of course!

It started off quite civilized...


Perhaps, you could even say some quite serious planning was going on...


But this soon changed...
 

And only got funnier as the afternoon went on...
 

This is our end product, what do you think? I can't wait to show them 'Milking a cow' and we promised them a hamper of Northern Irish food goodies, so its going to get wild, and we are all going to get very very fat!
 



 After my belly stopped hurting from laughing, that night I met up with my lovely cousin and her boyfriend for some time together over more delicious food. Indigo Yard never disappoints, but I forgot to take pictures of the food, so your just going to have to take my word for it, okay?

 For starter, a beautiful 'Goat’s cheese & red onion walnut crostini with rocket'. Main course was a mouth watering 'Indigo Orkney beef burger with tomato relish & fries'. I couldn't resist some more sweetness today either, so a 'Sticky lemon drizzle sponge with mascarpone' for dessert.
 

The day ended on a high, with a champagne party popper to celebrate the end of a few weeks of exams, and into summer.
 

After a wonderful day, I headed home and packed my life into a suitcase and flew home to beautiful Northern Ireland to start my summer adventures. See you soon Edinburgh, I miss you already!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment