Ting Thai Caravan

I've had to rub my eyes as I walked into the sunshine today as I hadn't seen the outside world in many days. But its over, exams are finished and my fists were thrown into the air with glee as I ran as far away from university as I possibly could...well until September!
 
There is so much to catch up on, so I am starting at the beginning of my adventures over the past few weeks...

Andrew came to stay for a couple of days to help me revise and provide me with constant tea. He came loaded with some Northern Irish goods as well, including Veda Bread and Soda Farls. Now, if you are thinking, what are they? You are missing out, Veda bread is a malted loaf full of deliciousness, especially when it is smothered in melted butter. Soda farls are kind of like a thick bread...just try it!


 After the excitement of the Northern Irish food, we headed for a different cuisine for lunch - Thai. It is called 'Ting Thai Caravan'...and I know it sounds dodgy with a name like that, but it was so good.



You all sit on long tables, snuggled up to other strangers by your side, and get ordering.




Now lets get down to the good stuff, what we ate...

Khao Moo Daeng  -  Slow cooked pork loin with cucumber, shallot salsa, jasmine rice, smokey moo daeng sauce.
Yam Moo Yang - Grilled marinated pork with nam yam, garlic, lemon, coriander, chilli, nam pla, cucumber, tomato, shallot, jasmine rice.
Mun Tod - Sweet potato crispies 
And some sasuage balls kinda thing, but I can't remember what exactly it was, or what it was called. They weren't fantastic, but the rest of the food was divine. Fresh, flavorsome and made me crave more.







You can see I approved of the meal...



Andrew attempted chop sticks, but his concentration span lead to other things...



The sun was shining all the winter blues away in Edinburgh. Princes Street Gardens were packed with smiling friends and families all trying to get a moment of sunshine. 







Andrew dragged me back kicking and screaming to the flat, back to my books...I huffed and I puffed, but he won, for the total of 10 minutes.

 However, to cheer my day further, we took a promised stop for Easter eggs, it is just wrong to buy your own! He stocked me up for the whole of Easter, and it was gooooooood.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment