Lunch Dates


Lunch dates are what I do with most of my time. I love discovering somewhere new, or going to an old favourite with a friend, whilst we sit and chat the day away about all the happenings in life. Its coming close to exam season, so the lunch dates are becoming fewer and farther apart. 
But today, it was of to 'Spoon' on South Bridge, Edinburgh. I have heard they do a smashing breakfast, but it was lunch today.



Its got a very chilled vibe about it. All the windows faced the bustling streets of Edinburgh, but there were people sitting right infront of the windows, so I didn't feel they wanted to be on the blog too!
My seat was covered in old comic book strips, and every single table offered different designs of chairs. A nice touch!
 




I settled down into a lovely cup of Earl Grey tea whilst I waited for my beautiful date to arrive - Rach!

I love it when everyone has a different tea pot, plate and dining set. It is quite vintage and unique. 
 


 Their menu changes constantly, offering new varieties of dishes. It all looked so yummy. But on their specials board, there was a 'Roast Lamb Sandwich, with Pickled Red Onion and Garlic Mayo, with Chips (of course)' and I was sold. I may have also got another side order of chips as my craving has been so strong, and it was worth it -salty and crispy, delicious!
Your craving one now, too? Aren't ya? Yeah so am I...


Mull chedder and chive potato scones with a poached egg for Rach.


We chatted and laughed, whilst we 'mmmh' over the gorgeous food. I will definitely be back soon for more.
Then we both sullenly got up, agreeing that talk of exams meant we should scurry back to our desks for work.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment