Last Day, New Beginnings


My last day at home was spent going to my brand new church. What I mean by that is my church at home just built a sparkly, new church. I couldn't help myself but return home for the official opening. I have a special want to return home as well, because it was my big sis that designed the church, she was the architect, oh yeah!!

My church is my family, I have grown up there. I was baptisted there, and grew as a Christian through the years, as I still am. God has been so good to us, blessing us with a building that will cater for all the work that is going to be done there. Through church services to holiday bible clubs!


There was an amazing buzz around the church the whole weekend, Omagh Baptist came alive with hundreds of people walking through the new doors, 'oohing' and 'ahing' the whole time. My sister was praised for her talents.
 



Oh and did I tell you? My sister is getting MARRIED in this church this summer. She has designed the church she will walk down the aisle in. Now not many brides can say that, can they?
 


Even got a sneaky picture with the architect herself...


The newspapers told of how we were stepping into new ground, full of possibilities, with God by our side. Mum even sent me a article this week telling of the 'bride-to-be' designed her own church...bridezilla, don't you think?
 


And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Colossians 3:14-16

And some of the verses I was thinking about as I looked about in wonder at God's work.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6 

 One song I kept thinking of too was,

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

What a blessed weekend at home I had. This was definitely the icing on the cake, seeing my home church grown and walk in faith. But the time came for me to pack my bags again, and fly back to my second home - Edinburgh. It won't be long until I return again though...
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment